Weatherization is a process through which a series of home-improvements are made that increase the overall energy efficiency of the home.  The aim of the Housing Division’s weatherization program is to assist eligible, low-income families by providing education and services that facilitate energy conservation. These services are intended to reduce energy consumption in homes through the replacement of inefficient appliances (when appropriate) and minor repairs, making the home more energy efficient. Participants will also receive valuable educational materials that provide useful energy saving tips and information.

The weatherization program installs many energy efficiency measures, including:

     • Attic insulation and venting

     • Replacement of broken glass

     • Door weather-stripping

     • Installation of low-flow shower heads

The weatherization program is available to all income-qualified residents of Sacramento, Sutter, and Yuba Counties. Both renters and homeowners can qualify for the program.

Once a weatherization specialist determines a household’s eligibility, a trained technician will assess the dwelling for energy conservation needs. A typical inspection includes testing the home for air leakage and a Combustion Appliance test to ensure the safety and efficiency of older appliances. During the inspection, our technicians determine which measures are most cost effective for each individual dwelling.  Consequently, consumers will realize significant savings on their utility bills. On average, weatherization may reduce utility bills by approximately $200-$250 per year.


How to Apply

You must be a resident of Sacramento, Sutter, or Yuba County to qualify for CRP's HEAP Program.  Your household must also meet certain income guidelines.  Based on our agency plan, CRP also takes into consideration the percentage of your household's total income spent on utility bills, as well as key demographic qualities of the household. 

Income guidelines for the HEAP Program for the 2014 calendar year are as follows:

Number of persons in household Maximum monthly gross income

Sacramento, Sutter and Yuba Counties

For more information about the weatherization program, please call  (916) 567-5220 ext. 2224.

Our office phone lines are open for clients Monday through Friday from the hours of 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. A weatherization specialist will work with you to determine if you are eligible for the program and assist in filling out an application.

You will need the following documents for the application process:

1) Current copies of your utility bills, which must cover at least 22 days of service at your current address. If you receive service from both PG&E and SMUD, provide copies of both bills.

2) Current copies of income for everyone in your household for the last six weeks. Acceptable proof of income includes:

- SSI, SSA, Pension, or Retirement: provide a current print out from the Social Security Office, award letter, bank statement, or stub for the current month.  1099 forms will NOT be accepted.
- AFDC / CAL WORKS Program: a current print out from your worker showing Cash Aid and Food Stamp amount.

- Wages: Pay stubs for the last six weeks from the date you submit your application.

- Once a month → CRP needs 1 current pay stub

- Bi-weekly → CRP needs current pay stubs

- Once a week → CRP needs 4 current pay stubs

- Twice a month → CRP needs 2 current pay stubs

Copyright © 2014 All Rights Reserved. Community Resource Project, Inc. | Home | About Us | Programs | Agency Highlights | Contact Us